Beef and Grilled Veg Salad w/ Oyster Lime Chili Vinaigrette
by Chef Odie Djamil
Beef Confit: 120g Striploin 20g Oregano
10g Cumin Powder 10g Salt
5g Pepper 200g Olive Oil
30g Milky Oyster Sauce 30g Olive Oil
50g Romaine Lettuce 50g Pumpkin
30g Zucchini 20g Onion
10g Edamame, Blanched 20g Carrot, grated
30g Milky Oyster Sauce 3g Lime Zest
10g Lime Juice 10g Sugar
15g Chopped Chili 60g Olive Oil
- Preaheat the oil until it reach 80 celcius. Dry rub the beef with oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Then put it in the warm oil, turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes
- In a medium bowl, mix milky oyster sauce, olive oil and sugar until the sugar dissolved, set aside
- Preheat the grill. Cut Pumpkin, Zucchini, and Onion and sear for about 1 minute per side or until cooked. brush with milky oyster glaze to give the caramelised flavour and helps to color.
- Prepare boiling water. Blanch edamame, and remove the skin.
- Slice Romaine Lettuce by 3 x 3 cm
- In a Large Bowl, Combine Milky Oyster Sauce, Lime Zest, Lime Juice, Sugar, Salt, and Chopped Chili until the sugar dissolved. Add the oil slowly and keep whisking until emulsified.
- Mix well all the salads with the dressing, topped with the beef and dash of remaining dressing.