Chili Shrimp with Petai Beans
by Chef Odie Djamil
500gr Shrimp 50piece Petai Beans 100gr Big Red Chilli
20gr Small Red Chili (Rawit Merah) 200gr Red Onion
100gr Garlic 6 lime leaves
15gr Dry Terasi 30gr Tomato 30gr Lemongrass 20gr Galangal 15gr Ginger
50gr Milky Oyster Sauce 10gr Salt
- Make sambal (chilli sauce) by mixing red chillies, garlic and onion using food processor until smooth.
- Preheat the oil in the pan then add ginger, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, dry terasi and stir well. Add chilli sauce and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for 3 minutes then add petai beans.
- Then, add Milky Oyster Sauce, salt and sugar to your taste.
- Separate the galangal, lemongrass, ginger from the mixture and serve with warm rice.